Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
As a residence worker with Interior HomeCare services, you will play a vital role in caring for at-risk children and youth in a residential home setting. Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care up to and including personal care to persons with diverse abilities, managing the household, and implementing the care plan with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the person you will be caring for. You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate activities and visits for the individual, regularly write reports and submit documentation on the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through behavioral needs and challenges.
We are offering a unique opportunity for Lower Mainlanders to do a 2 week in/2 week out rotation in Smithers. Enjoy a free, quick flight from Vancouver to Smithers and stay in a cozy home environment.
· Minimum of a 1-year certification in Human Service Worker or Community Service Worker or Child & Youth Care Worker. Diploma in Residential Care Aide is desirable and 6 months experience, or an equivalent of relevant education and experience.
· Criminal Record Check
· HUB Check
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Food Safe
· Resume with 3 references including a former employer
· Class 5 clean drivers abstract
· Medical, dental and extended benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
· Competitive wages
· Regular training in special needs, trauma, non-violent crisis intervention
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Casual dress
· On-site parking
· RRSP match
· Employee assistance program
· Providing nurturing, compassionate care
· Knowledge of neurodiversity including Autism is beneficial
· Knowledge of alternate communication method is beneficial
· Knowledge of developmental trauma, mental health, addictions, and behavioral challenges is beneficial
· Time management skills to prioritize and organize the day.
· Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
· Skills to mentor and assist team members.
· Skills to manage resources such as supplies.
· Able to multi-task
· Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
· Physical and mental ability to carry out duties.