Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
As a residential support worker with Interior HomeCare Solutions, you will play a vital role in caring for at-risk children and youth in a live-in residential home setting. Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care including personal care to persons with developmental disabilities, managing the household, and implementing the care plan with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the person you will be caring for. You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate activities and visits for the individual, regularly write reports and submit documentation on the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through behavioral needs and challenges.
· Minimum of a 1-year certification in Human Service Worker, Community and Care Worker, Child & Youth Care, addictions and community worker, diploma in Residential Care Aide fields, and 6 months experience, or an equivalent of relevant education and experience.
· Criminal Record Check
· HUB Check (if working with children)
Drug test prior to hiring
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Food Safe
· Resume with 3 references including a former employer
· Class 5 clean drivers abstract
· Medical, dental and extended benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
· Competitive wages
· Regular training in special needs, trauma, non-violent crisis intervention
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Providing nurturing, compassionate care
· Knowledge of developmental disabilities, Autism, is beneficial
· Knowledge of alternate communication method is beneficial
· Knowledge of developmental trauma, mental health, addictions, and behavioral challenges is beneficial
Knowledge in Applied Behavior Analysis and the willingness to be coached on behavior intervention is beneficial
· Time management skills to prioritize and organize the day
Knowledge of Indigenous support practices would be beneficial
· Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality
· Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation
· Skills to mentor and assist team members
· Skills to manage resources such as supplies
· Able to multi-task
· Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
· Physical and mental ability to carry out duties