Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
We are seeking Licensed Practical Nurses to join our Nursing Support Services - Pediatric Division. You will be assisting with Airway Management.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- French not required
- pediatric: 1 year (preferred)
· A Current Certificate of Competence and Registration as a Registered Nurse or a Current Certificate of Competence as a Licensed Practical Nurse from the BC regulatory body.
· Ongoing training as required (special care needs etc.)
· Current CPR Certificate
· Proof of Vaccination Status
· Listening, understanding and responding appropriately with clients / team members
· Impact & Influence
· Self-control & discipline
· Client service orientation
· Professional Behaviour
· Effectively establish and build solid rapport with contacts
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to learn
· Application of approved nursing techniques as related to medical and/or psychological therapeutic treatments
· Knowledge and adherence to nursing code of conduct
· Ability to perform and document services using the nursing process of assessment, planning and evaluation
· Client record documentation and maintenance
· Computer proficiency
· Medical, dental and extended benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
· Employee Assistance Program
· 24-hour on-call supervisor support
· Paid kilometers between clients
· Understands and practices within the scope of practice
· Identifies problems and implements nursing care plans in conjunctions with the Client and/or family and other members of the health discipline team.
· Acknowledges and implements physicians orders within the guidelines of the agency
· Delivers and documents nursing care on the Client chart using the nursing process
· Maintains communication with other members of the health care team
· Reports any change in Client status to the Primary RN or appropriate health discipline team member
· Utilizes the principles of adult education/teaching to promote Client independence
· Provides a supportive emotional environment
· Utilizes available resources to meet the educational needs of the Client
· Maintains professional and organizations standards of personal behaviour and appearance.
· In keeping with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Licensed Practical Nurse will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Nursing License (preferred)
- registration with BCCNM (preferred)
- Proof of Vaccination (preferred)
Questions about the position before you apply? Call the Interior HomeCare Solutions Head Office at 250-542-9717 to speak with a manager.