NEW - SIGNING BONUS $250
Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
As a residence worker with Interior HomeCare services, you will play a vital role in caring for at-risk children and youth in a live-in residential home setting. Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care up to and including personal care to persons with developmental disabilities, managing the household, and implementing the care plan with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the person you will be caring for. You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate activities and visits for the individual, regularly write reports and submit documentation on the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through behavioural needs and challenges.
· Minimum of a 1-year certification in any of the following:
Human Service Worker, Community and Care Worker, Child & Youth Care, Addictions and Community Worker, diploma in Residential Care Aide fields,
and 6 months experience, or an equivalent of relevant education and experience.
· Criminal Record Check
· HUB Check
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Food Safe
· Proof of Vaccination Status
· Resume with 3 references including a former employer
· Class 5 clean drivers abstract
· Currently, we are offering a signing bonus of $250 for successful applicants completing probation, plus a $100 referral bonus to anyone referring a successful applicant for this position.
· We offer Extended health, dental, life, ltd and RSP benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
· Competitive wages
· We offer regular training in special needs, trauma, non-violent crisis intervention
· We offer flexible work schedules and permanent rotations.
· On-site parking
· Providing nurturing, compassionate care
· Knowledge of developmental disabilities including Autism is beneficial
· Knowledge of alternate communication method is beneficial
· Knowledge of developmental trauma, mental health, addictions, and behavioral challenges is beneficial
· Time management skills to prioritize and organize the day.
· Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
· Skills to mentor and assist team members.
· Skills to manage resources such as supplies.
· Able to multi-task
· Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
· Physical and mental ability to carry out duties.