Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
We are seeking dedicated Registered Care Aides to join our community support team. Enjoy the the work/life balance offered to community staff. We are seeking Care Aides to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Residential Care/Health Care Assistant Certificate (preferred)
- Registration with BC Care Aide Registry (preferred)
- Driver’s License (required)
- Proof of Vaccination (preferred)
· Resident Care/Health Care Assistant Certificate
· Registered with BC Care Aide Registry
· Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Vehicle.
· Clear Criminal Record Check
· Current First Aide Certificate
· Food Safe Certificate
· Current WHMIS Certificate
· Resume including references
· Physician medical clearance
· TB screening
· Immunization Record
· Proof of Vaccination Status
· Experience as a Registered Care Aide an asset.
· Knowledge of relevant equipment such as but not limited to lifts, slings, scales, etc.
· Knowledge of proper body mechanics.
· Knowledge of Routine Practices infection control techniques.
· Knowledge of delegation of task processes.
· Time management skills to prioritize and organize workload.
· Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
· Skills to mentor and assist team members.
· Skills to manage resources such as supplies.
· Understands the concepts of multitasking/multiskilling.
· Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
· Physical and mental ability to carry out duties.
- Commuter benefits
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 24-hour on-call supervisor support
· With other members of the team, has input into the development, implementation and evaluation of the Resident’s Lifestyle and Care Plans.
· Maintains professional relationships and communication with Clients, family members/significant others, team members, etc.
· Maintains documents as per Client care plan.
· Assists in keeping the Client’s home tidy and clean.
· Participates in the multi-tasking concept.
· Supports the vision, mission and value statements; guiding principles; philosophy of care, etc